It's possible someone got into your account. You should reset your password to secure your account:
- Click your name at the top of Pinterest then click Settings
- Click Change your password...
- Type in your old password
- Choose a new password – make sure it's complex!
After you've reset your password, you can delete any Pins or boards that were added to your account. Unfortunately, we can't restore deleted boards or Pins.
If you have trouble resetting, try from http://pinterest.com/password/reset/
We'll send you an email when you change the email address, username or password for your account. We'll also tell if you if you log in from a computer or place that we don't recognize, ex: if you login while you're traveling.
If you did this, you can ignore the email and you don't need to get in touch with us.
If you didn't do this, then it's possible someone got into your account. You should lock your account to protect your Pins and then reset your password to secure your account:
- In the email, click Lock my Account
- Go to https://pinterest.com/login and click Forgot your password?
- Enter in the email on your account and click Reset
- Check your email for a link to reset your password
Resetting your password should secure your account. If you're having trouble resetting or something else is wrong:
- Click Email Help below
- Under "What do you need help with?" select My Account -> Hacked Account
Using a phone or tablet? You can change your password in the app's settings. Or you can go to pinterest.com/password/reset in your device's web browser.