We’re so very sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one.
We can deactivate the Pinterest account of a deceased person if a family member gets in touch with us. Once we've deactivated the account, it will no longer be accessible.
Because we want to respect the privacy of our Pinners, we can’t give out any personal or log in information from the account.
If you’d like us to deactivate a deceased person’s account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with all of the following information:
- Your full name
- The full name and email address associated with this person’s account
- A link to their Pinterest account (pinterest.com/USERNAME) Note: If you don’t know this, try searching for it on http://pinterest.com/all/
- Evidence of their passing (ex: death certificate, obituary, news article)
- Your relationship to the person with documentation to verify it. Examples of this can include the following:
- birth or marriage certificate
- public mention of relation
- family tree
- family/household records
- notarized proof of relation
- if your name is included in the obituary, that is sufficient
We’ll respond to your email promptly.
Thanks for doing this. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and send you our deepest condolences.