Safe mode prevents any changes to your account until you can secure it.
We're sending emails to Pinners with suspicious activity on their accounts to help them identify the issue and protect their Pins. If you received one of these emails, your account is in safe mode.
You can unlock your own account by resetting your password:
- Go to http://pinterest.com/password/reset/
- Enter in the email address associated with your account
- Check your email for a link to create a new password
You can also unlock your account by logging in through Facebook. If you need to, be sure to update your email address in Settings and then follow the steps above to get a new password.
If anything was added to your account, please delete what was added.
We love talking to Pinners, but if you've already done the above, no need to write to us because your account is secure.
It can take up to 24 hours for your password reset email to arrive. If you haven't gotten your reset email after a few minutes, don't worry! It's probably on its way.
If it's been 24 hours and you're still having trouble resetting your password:
- Click Email Help at the bottom of this page
- Under "What do you need help with?", select My Account -> Hacked Account
- Tell us the email address where you received the read-only notification
- Give us your username (if you know it)
- Include your Pinterest user ID, located at the bottom of the read-only email
Learn more about how to keep your account secure.