You can Edit any board to add an interactive map or allow other people to Pin to your board. Right now, this feature is only limited to specific Android devices. Your device will need to support the Android Pinterest app 2.0 and higher.
Place Pins have a specific location connected to them. Now, you can add a place name to your Pin and get the address and other details. Place boards highlight all your Pins on a map.
Note: The locations for Place Pins are provided by Foursquare, but there isn’t a “check-in” feature on Pinterest.
- Tap Edit on an existing board you’d like to modify or you can create a new place board
- Tap Add a map
- Check the box next to Add a map to this board?
- Make sure to tap Save when you’re finished making changes
- Press and hold any of your Pins and select the Edit pencil icon
- Then tap Add a Place
- In the pop-up, type in the name of the shop/restaurant/destination and a city to help narrow your search to the correct region
- Tap Save when you're finished making changes
Note: we’ve partnered with some businesses to automatically include location info on their Pins. For example, Pins from Airbnb, Atlas Obscura, Booking.com, Citysearch, Foursquare, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, OpenTable, Roadtrippers, StreetEasy, Trulia, UrbanSpoon, and VirtualTourist will have locations attached to their Pinterest content.
- Tap to view full size of Pin
- Tap the Edit icon
- Tap the location box
- Make changes
- Tap anywhere on the corners of the Pin to close the pop-up box
- Save changes when finished
Note: Not all Pins can have their places edited. Some domains have fixed location info on their images and can’t be changed by Pinners.
If you've already added a location to a Pin, you can see it on the map:
- Tap the map marker in the top right corner of your place board to get to the map
- Tap on the image of the Pin on the map and scroll to see its description
- Tap Get Directions to get a route to this place
For more information on other kinds of Rich Pins, visit our help article on Rich Pins.
If have questions or trouble with Place Pins, you can categorize this as Businesses & Website > Rich Pins when you email help.