To install the Pinterest app on Android phones and tablets, go to Google Play and install the app on your device. Kindle Fire and Nook users can also download the app from the Amazon Appstore for Android and NOOK store.
Using the Pinterest widget makes it easy to see your Pins and notifications without opening the app—it brings new Pins right to your home screen. To add the widget:
1. Go to your Apps Drawer
2. Select Widgets
3. Find the Pinterest widget in the list of widgets and drag to your home screen
Pinterest for Android works on most Android devices version 2.2 and higher, the Kindle Fire and Nook.
If the Android app stops responding, closes on launch, or crashes, try the following:
- Fully quit the app, and restart it
- Uninstall the app, and then reinstall it from Google Play
- Turn your phone off and on again
- Go to your device's Settings > Apps/Application manager > Pinterest.
- From here, tap Clear data. If possible, select Move to SD card. Moving the app to an SD card will free up your device's internal memory and improve the app's performance.
- Delete unused applications or files. For the best experience, have at least 20 MB of available space. You can check your device's available space by going to Settings > Storage.
No, you won't lose your Pins if you uninstall! You can always log into Pinterest on the web by going to pinterest.com/login and signing in with your email address and password. If you don't remember your password, click I forgot on the login page to recover it.
The Pinterest app requires permissions. At the time the application is installed, we'll ask you for consent. Our application has access to the following:
- Storage (modify or delete the contents of your USB storage): Lets you Pin your own photos and save Pins to your device. It also lets us store cached data.
- Network communication (full network access, receive data from Internet, view network connections): Lets us deliver content to and from Pinterest.
- Location (approximate: network-based and precise: GPS and network-based): Lets us help you add a location to your Pin.
- Your personal information (read contacts): When you send Pins, as you type a name, we'll suggest names or email addresses from your Contacts.
- System tools (prevent phone from sleeping): Lets us prevent your phone from sleeping when you need an internet connection to upload Pins. It also lets us send you push notifications.
- Your accounts (find accounts on the device): This also lets us send you push notifications.
- Run at startup : This lets us check for the latest content and messages from Pinterest.