Pinterest mHacks & HackTECH Standard Contest Terms and Conditions
- Entry. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Contest, You must truthfully complete the entry form before the Contest closes (see Contest Rules for details).
- Eligibility. The Contest is only open to US citizens or permanent legal residents 18 years or older. Contest is void in US territories and possessions, outside of the US, and where prohibited by law. Pinterest employees, subcontractors and their immediate family members are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. In order to receive the prize(s), you may be required by Pinterest (or by law) to provide: an executed affidavit of eligibility and liability; proof of permanent residency; tax documentation and any other reasonably requested documentation. Ineligible contestants may participate but may not be eligible for any prize(s). Pinterest may disqualify You from the Contest if, in Pinterest’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that You have attempted to undermine the Contest, provided false information or breach the Pinterest Developer Terms of Service, Contest Rules or these Contest Terms and Conditions.
- Winner Selection. Employees of Pinterest will judge the Contest. Entries will be judged based on: creativity, originality, merit, execution and adherence to the Contest Rules. All decisions of the judges are final.
- Winner List. The winner’s name will be available for up to thirty days after the Contest ends by emailing email@example.com.
- Prize(s). Winners will receive the applicable prize(s) identified in the Contest Rules. In the event there are not enough eligible entries, not all prize(s) will be awarded. If a potential winner is unable for whatever reason to accept the prize(s), then Pinterest may award the prize(s) to another entrant.
- Notification. Pinterest will inform the potential winner using the contact details provided with the entry. If, for whatever reason, the potential winner cannot be contacted or has not provided Pinterest with any reasonably required information, within seven days, the potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize(s) and Pinterest may award the prize(s) to another entrant.
- TAXES. ALL PRIZE(S) WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES PINTEREST IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO WITHHOLD. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZE(S) ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS.
- Intellectual Property. You agree that Pinterest is free to use your comments, feedback and ideas contained in your submission without any restriction or compensation to you. By accepting your submission, Pinterest does not waive any rights to use similar or related feedback previously known to Pinterest, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PINTEREST WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (A) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE DEVELOPER TOOLS; (B) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH OR RELATED TO THE DEVELOPER TOOLS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES; OR (C) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT. IN NO EVENT WILL PINTEREST’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATED TO THE DEVELOPER TOOLS EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS (U.S. $100.00).
- Publicity. You agree that Pinterest may publicly reference Your name, likeness, social media account, entries and participation for the purpose of the publicizing the Contest.
- No Endorsement. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any third party other than Pinterest.
- Law. This Agreement is governed by California law excluding its conflict of law principles. FOR ANY DISPUTE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE PARTIES CONSENT TO PERSONAL JURISDICTION IN, AND THE EXCLUSIVE VENUE OF, THE COURTS IN SAN FRANCISCO COUNTY, CALIFORNIA. All applicable federal and state laws apply.