One way to verify your website is to upload an HTML file to your website's server. If you manage your domain through a web hosting service, then you should be able to upload an HTML file there.
Right now, you can only verify a top-level domain, such as www.example.com.
Unfortunately, if your website isn't a top-level domain, then you can't verify. This means that most eCommerce shop owners can't verify right now.
- Click your name at the top of Pinterest then click Your Boards
- Click the pencil icon
- Add your website to the Website field
- Click Verify Website
- Click Download Verification File
Upload the file to your server:
- Upload this HTML file to your web server at the root folder
- Don't upload to a subfolder or we won't be able to find it
- The root folder's name can vary by hosting provider, but public_html, www, or wwwroot are common
- In this example, your file would need to be located at http://www.yourwebsite.com/pinterest-9d541.html, not at http://www.yourwebsite.com/subfolder/pinterest-9d541.html
- Remember that www.yourwebsite.com will be your domain and pinterest-9d541.html will be your unique HTML file
- Go back to Pinterest
- Click Complete Verification
We’ll automatically check your website for the HTML file we gave you and then verify it.