No, if you accept an invitation to join a secret group board, the board creator can turn off the secret setting at any time without anyone's permission.
All group Pinners can invite other people to a secret board, but the creator of the board will need to approve an invitation before that person can add Pins to the board.
When a secret group board is made public:
- It's treated like a brand new board and people who have selected Follow All on your account will be added as followers to your newly visible board
- People can see all of the board's Pins and can like, Pin or comment on them
- People can see all the group Pinners and their comments on the board
- People can see the board on all the group Pinners' profiles and follow it like they can any other board
- Pins on the board aren’t added to the top of your followers’ feeds
- Pins on the board will show in search results
- New Pins on the group board will be shown to the board’s followers and will appear in other areas of Pinterest such as search results, category feeds, etc.
- The board creator can turn off the secret setting at any time without anyone's permission. If the board creator changes the secret setting of the board to visible, all the group Pinners will receive an email notification.
- You can't make a board secret once it's public.