A secret board is only visible to you and to anyone you invite to it.
When you add a Pin to a secret board, it won’t show up anywhere else on Pinterest – not in the category sections, anyone’s search results, your followers’ home feed, your own home feed, or even Pins or activity pages on your profile.
Your secret boards are at the bottom of your profile. Just scroll down to see them.
- Click your name at the top of Pinterest then click Your Boards.
- Scroll to the bottom of your boards.
- Click Create a Secret Board.
- Choose a name and category for your board. The secret setting will already be set to Yes – this means your board is secret.
- All boards that you create will count towards the 350 board limit - including secret boards.
- There's no limit on the number of secret boards you can participate on – if you accept an invite to a secret board, it won't count against the board limit.
If you want to make a secret board public (remember, this can’t be undone!):
- Go to the board and click Edit
- Turn the secret setting from Yes to No
- Save Changes and confirm that you want to make the board public
Our policies apply to both secret and public boards. When we remove a Pin from Pinterest, we also remove it from any secret boards it’s on.
Using a phone or tablet? Go to the bottom of your profile and tap Create a Secret Board.