What are Place Pins and place boards?
Create a place board
Turn off place boards
Add Place Pins
Edit a location on Place Pins
Get directions from your Place Pins
Use Place Pins on your mobile device
About our maps
Note: Right now Place Pins and place boards are only available on the web, certain Android devices (running Pinterest app version 2.0 and higher), and the iPhone (running the Pinterest app version 3.2 and higher).
Place Pins have a specific location connected to them. Now, you can add a place name to your Pin and get the address and other details. Place boards highlight all your Pins on a map.
Note: the locations for Place Pins are provided by Foursquare, but there isn’t a “check-in” feature on Pinterest.
- New board: Click Create a board from your profile. Fill out the information just like a regular board, but make sure to toggle the “Add a map?” setting to Yes.
- Existing board: Click Edit on the board you’d like to turn into a place board. Toggle the “Add a map?” setting to Yes.
Note: only the owners of a board can turn the board into a place board.
- Click Edit on the board where you want to remove the map.
Toggle the “Add a map?” setting to No.
- Click on a Pin that you'd like to add to a place board
- Choose board, click Pin it
- Go to the board
- Click on the plus icon on the Pin
- Type in the name of the place and the location
- The name and location will be saved to the Pin
If you can't find a location through search, choose "Search around the world" or specify the city by clicking on "Change City".
Note: we’ve partnered with some businesses to automatically include location info on their Pins. For example, Pins from Airbnb, Atlas Obscura, Booking.com, Citysearch, Foursquare, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, OpenTable, Roadtrippers, StreetEasy, Trulia, UrbanSpoon, and VirtualTourist will have locations attached to their Pinterest content.
- Click the Pencil icon and choose Remove Place
- Refresh your browser, and the Pin will no longer appear on the map
- Then, add a place to your Pin again
Foursquare provides locations for Place Pins, and we know that some places don’t exist yet. If you can’t find a location for your Pin, [add it to Foursquare](https://foursquare.com/login?continue=%2Fadd_venue) and then you’ll find it on Pinterest. We're working closely with the Foursquare team to add more locations to the map. If you notice that the location already exists in Foursquare, you can request to [edit the location](http://support.foursquare.com/entries/211235).
- Click on your place board
- Click on the white map marklet to see more information on the Place Pin (e.g. address, contact information)
- Click Learn more
Note: this will open a new tab in your browser that directs you to the website for more information about that Place Pin
If have questions or trouble with Place Pins, you can categorize this as Businesses & Website > Rich Pins when you email help.